Call for postdoctoral fellow
Postdoctoral positions available at the Tohru Minamino Lab in Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences. We are looking for highly motivated postdoctoral researchers with a strong passion for science to join our lab at Niigata University (Niigata, Japan). The successful candidates will use in vitro and in vivo approaches to investigate the molecular mechanisms of aging and the impact of depleting aged cells in cardiovascular and metabolic disorders. See our publications for additional information on the research interests of our group.
1. Cell Rep., 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.08.024.
2. Cell Rep. 12;7(5):1691-703, 2014, doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2014.04.046.
3. Cell Metab. 18(4):491-504, 2013, doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2013.09.001.
4. Cell Metab. 15:51-64, 2012, doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2011.12.006.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in the fields of aging, ag-related disorders (heart failure, diabetes, atherosclerotic disorders) and experience in molecular/cellular biology and cloning techniques (including adeno-associated viral transduction).
• MD and/or PhD by appointment start date
• At least one publication as first author in a high quality scientific publication
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative research team
• Substantial experience in mouse handling
• Substantial experience in essential skills including westernblot, qPCR, immunostaining and ELISA
• Substantial experience in flow cytometry (analyses and cell sorting)
• Competence and prior experience in two or more of the following:
- Animal models of heart failure, atherosclerosis and/or diabetes.
- Mammalian cell culture and molecular cloning techniques (including adeno-associated virus generation and transduction, siRNA, mini and maxiprep).
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation techniques (ChIP-qPCR; ChIP-Seq)
- RNA-seq study and analysis
Other desirable technical qualifications relevant to the position
• Experience in mouse bone marrow transplantation techniques
• Experience in confocal microscopy
• Experience in seahorse extracellular flux analyzer
Ippei Shimizu M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Cardiovascular Biology and Medicine
Division of Molecular Aging and Cell Biology
E-mail: ippeishimizu[at]yahoo.co.jp / ippeishimizu[at]med.niigata-u.ac.jp
Please replace [at] with @ when contacting us.